In 2011, Portola Redwoods and Castle Rock State Parks were slated for closure. The Portola and Castle Rock Foundation formed partnerships with Sempervirens Fund, Peninsula Open Space Trust and Save The Redwoods League to sign Donor Agreements to keep both Parks open.
With our partners, we’ve improved both Parks by:
- Training State Park Volunteers to walk trails, engage and educate Park visitors.
- Building a new campground host site in Portola Redwoods to enhance camper experience.
- Eliminating a derelict house and dangerous waste tire dump in Castle Rock.
Future projects include rebuilding the campfire center and Ramada structure at Portola Redwoods and investment in interpretation and volunteer training for both Parks. By becoming a Foundation member, you help restore these Park jewels to enhance visitor experiences.
With your help, we can keep these Parks open and improve them for all Californians.
$35.00 Individual Membership
- Quarterly newsletter
- Five hiking and climbing maps for Portola Redwoods and Castle Rock Parks.
- Acknowledgement on Foundation website
- 10% Discount at Portola Redwoods Visitor Center
- Annual membership appreciation event
- Member-only quarterly hikes or special events member +1
$60.00 Family Membership
Includes benefits listed above with family attendance for events
$100.00 Contributing Membership
Includes benefits for Family member
- Special 1 week advance registration for member-only quarterly hikes or special events
$180.00 Sustaining Membership
Includes benefits for Contributing member plus the following:
- 20% Discount at Portola Redwoods Visitor Center
- Member-only quarterly hikes or special events member +2
$500.00 Benefactor Membership
Includes benefits for Sustaining member plus the following:
- Member-only quarterly hikes or special events member +4
$1000.00 Patron Membership
Includes benefits for Benefactor member